Saving money on transportation

Please Log in to view more forum content.

Join our Referral + Posting contest today!
$200 on contests for June 2024
- Click here to view participants + current progress :)

Also, check Active Threads page to view the latest active threads among various forums.

Unyime

One that has need to go out everyday must have developed the ability to trek some reasonable distance in order to be able to save money on transportation.

Monster Masterpiece

One that has need to go out everyday must have developed the ability to trek some reasonable distance in order to be able to save money on transportation.
It doesn't have any sense your ability to walk long distances to save time in transportation because the time has a lot of importance and you could miss important things for walking on your legs like not arrive in time to work, in context of practicing sports on free time that is another concept.

Neelam

@Neelam . Is it a shared vehicle? Or do they provide you the service individually? Shared vehicle to commute to work is economical for the company too. And it's good for the environment too.
Well, it is a shared vehicle. In our country, I do not think there are any companies that offer individual transportation services to their staff. Higher level staff have their own cars and those like us who do not have private vehicle need to use public transport or transportation service provided by the employer

arunima25

@Neelam . I assume that you are from India. Pardon me if you are not. Your name is very much Indian. Here in India, many companies run their own AC buses in different timings for their employees. It's a big convenience and it also helps with pollution and traffic congestion.

Abiodun

I do trek most times to save my spending on transport but most time I do attached it to exercise but it is mostly to save money

arunima25

I do trek most times to save my spending on transport but most time I do attached it to exercise but it is mostly to save money
Well, the choice is serving you both the benefits of saving money and giving you enough exercise. A little saving each day goes a long way. And so would the exercise that you get each day. So, it's a win win situation.

Greg

It resort to using train for most of my commutes. That means I leave early to anywhere I want to go so that I would curtail my expenses on transportation.

Teegold

It resort to using train for most of my commutes. That means I leave early to anywhere I want to go so that I would curtail my expenses on transportation.
But train cannot get to the corners and most of the neighborhoods can it? Except your place is very close to the station.

Ronin

I use transport every day and I am not very comfortable using a bicycle or even a scooter. Most often I use public transport. To save money, I buy a monthly pass, which is much more profitable than paying for each trip separately

arunima25

I use transport every day and I am not very comfortable using a bicycle or even a scooter. Most often I use public transport. To save money, I buy a monthly pass, which is much more profitable than paying for each trip separately
Monthly pass is a very good idea and it really helps to save a lot. It has been a long time since I used them. I remember that during my college days, I would get a monthly pass, it was even cheaper for students if you had valid id card. I am not using public transport regularly and have stopped taking monthly passes. It makes sense for people who commute regularly using public transport.

| Forums Stats | Active Threads | Reactions-Leaderboard | My MicroLikes Account |
Here's the code to dynamically load the dropdown menu above
on forums, blogs, or other websites: